Outstanding opportunity to join a growing £6m turnover SME business in Sutton in Ashfield. This role is reporting to a supportive and passionate Finance Director who is hands on and will guide and help you develop.
The Company is a wholesaler/manufacturer and are market leaders in customer service and quality. The company is family owned and run, having been established for almost 35 years.
The role is an all encompassing finance role from basic hands on work to assisting the FD with the day to day running of the finance department with analysis to support in the preparation of management accounts, management of the company’s financial ledgers as well as assisting The Directors with their strategic decisions through financial modelling.
- Ensuring accurate and relevant recording of transactions to trial balance; sales, purchase, fixed assets, cash book, stock, expenses, accruals and prepayments.
- Management day to day of the Finance Department.
- Draft monthly financial statements and board meeting commentary
- Management of the stock import process
- Preparation, input and forecasting of company cash flow.
- Responsibility for the quarterly VAT return and other statutory returns
- Assistance in preparing the year end accounts/audit and tax pack.
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- AAT Qualified and/or actively studying towards CIMA/ACCA or equivalent qualification or qualified by experience
- Sound understanding or accounting and financial reporting principles and practices, plus strong financial, analytical and communication skills.
- High level of numeracy and IT literate (Excel/Word/Outlook/ERP Systems)
- Great organisational skills, being able to manage time efficiently and independently deliver high quality work to tight deadlines in a hands on fast moving environment.
This is a growing SME where you will be instrumental in implementing procedures and processes that will contribute to the success of the business, study support is available if required and staff discounts