£20,000 - £25,000 plus study support and benefits
A major UK success story in the UK retail sector is recruiting a new Assistant Accountant. This FTSE-250 listed business that is highly profitable is already a great place to work with big plans.
The finance department has evolved significantly over recent years, benefiting from excellent leadership, significant investment in the team and an ability to offer their team a variety of exciting challenges. They have a high level of staff retention, internal promotion and staff engagement, attracting new staff of the very highest calibre.
This would be an excellent opportunity for a graduate with relevant experience / a year’s work placement who is looking to grow their career in finance.
A full job description can be provided which outlines all the main duties and responsibilities. The main objectives of this role are:
- Preparing and reviewing statutory accounts- working with Group Accountants, Management Accountants and External Auditors
- Keeping the Group’s company database (approx. 500 companies) up to date
- Assisting with the integration of new consolidation software and completion of the Group Consolidation file
- Owning the data gathering for key parts of the Annual Report
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a finance role
- Looking to study ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Highly motivated
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to find out more, please apply for a confidential call with Henry Clarkson – Senior Finance Recruiter East Midlands.