Experienced Assistant Accountant required for a growing manufacturing business based in Barnsley.
The main purpose of the role is to support the finance team with the preparation of month end accounts, reports and associated duties associated with day to day running of the finance department. Reporting to the Financial Controller duties will include:
Assisting with monthly management accounts including:
- Providing monthly internal reporting packs, inclusive of narrative for management purposes.
- Assisting in the production of the monthly profit and loss account with associated analysis.
- Assisting with the production of monthly forecasts and strategic plans together with associated analysis.
- Producing and distributing monthly reporting on headcount and labour, including agency staff.
- Assisting with financial accounts including:
- Controlling and monitoring the company capital expenditure process.
- Inputting journals required for month end reporting.
- Monitoring and controlling deferred duty account.
- Analysing various profit and loss expenses as and when required, making recommendations for improvements, cost savings and other business decisions.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Candidates with previous experience and knowledge of manufacturing are desirable:
- The successful candidate will be studying towards a professional accounting qualification.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic organisation, with an ability to demonstrate a proactive and committed approach to work and the business.
- You will be IT literate with advanced Excel skills (including Lookups, Pivots etc) and general ERP accounting software experience.
In return the company offers a competitive salary + study support plus additional employee benefits.