Experienced part qualified Assistant Accountant required for a leading global manufacturing company in Chesterfield with study support and clear career progression.
Working closely with and assisting the Management Accountant, duties include:
- Assisting in the completion of monthly and annual accounts
- Posting journals
- Ensuring costs and revenues are accounted for correctly via accounting codes
- Monitoring and reporting inventory, assisting in stock taking
- Assisting in the annual audit, working with external auditors
- Processing credit card statements, receipts and expenses, posting in ledger
- Manage and account for petty cash including foreign currency
- Assist with posting of purchase invoices, reconciliation of supplier statements and covering Purchase Ledger Supervisor and Credit Control function when required
Previous experience in an accounts department is required, and an ambition and ability to study towards a recognised accounting qualification e.g. CIMA or ACCA, along with:
- Strong academic acumen, ability to pass exams first time
- Computer literate with Microsoft systems and ideally SAP Business One
- Effective communicator
- Formal accounting qualification advantageous
Potential candidates can expect a competitive salary + study support and other employee benefits (available on request).