Assistant Accountant/Finance Analyst - Full ACCA/CIMA Study Support available
Are you looking to take the next steps in your accounting career? This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking business near Wakefield who will give you the tools to study for your accounting career
Reporting into the Financial Controller UK, the role offers exceptional experience and exposure to senior management with good prospects for future development within the Group. Key aspects of the roles include the daily management and reporting of the Invoice Financing facility, cashflow forecasting and various commercial analysis.
- Invoice Financing Facility: Daily management of an Invoice Financing facility, including producing monthly reconciliations and being in regular contact with the bank.
- Treasury management: liaising with the Financial Controller, Credit Manager and Purchasing Manager daily to produce a bank report in order to more effectively manage the cash position and supplier payments in line with working capital objectives.
- Cashflow: Producing and consolidating a 12-week cashflow forecast weekly for submission to a Group function.
- Budgets: Support the yearly budgeting process, liaising with numerous levels of the business to produce budgets for each depot, Regional area and the division in line with strategic goals.
- Audit: Contact for regular audits relating to the Invoice Financing support for the year end auditing process in conjunction with the management accounts team.
- Sales Commission scheme: producing reports and managing any queries relating to this process throughout the month including relevant journals to the GL.
- Financial modelling, analysis and reporting as required by the Divisional Managing Director and Finance Director
- Insurance: Liaising with different departments to collate data required for insurance renewals.
- Continuous Improvement: Challenge and improve existing processes in the function
- Other: Ad-hoc analysis and weekly reporting
- To fully contribute towards the overall safe and successful business performance and growth.
This search is not being limited to any particular qualification or industry sector but requires some who is ambitious, wanting to progress and good at problem solving;
- Part qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA or AAT Qualified and wanting to start CIMA/ACA
- Have strong financial accounts experience
- Possess very strong analytical skills including advanced Excel skills
- Be confident communicating and presenting to senior management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
- Be energetic and proactive
In return the company offers, competitive salary with full study support along with a supportive and understanding line manager, 25 days holiday, parking and pension.