An outstanding opportunity for a CFO to join a successful SME with huge ambitions for growth.
Hudgell Solicitors is a name synonymous with righting wrongs, challenging injustice, providing outstanding client care and securing impressive wins for those they represent.
Established in 1997, they are a specialist legal firm which has never stood still, continually evolving to establish and maintain their position as a recognised leader in the UK, often making the national news headlines for our work and success.
The Chief Financial Officer is a newly created role to support the CEO and to lead the current business plan. The main personal objectives will include.
- Regulatory: responsible for the firm's performance of Its obligations under the Solicitors' Account Rules
- Managing cash flow: ensuring liquidity and growth facilitation
- Building an efficient infrastructure: Financial system scalability by building a strong foundation that will support the business as it grows.
- Guiding funding: Managing the due diligence and financial planning required to attract investors / lenders. As CFO to develop budgets so that the new capital will have the greatest impact.
- Prepare as well as coordinate annual budgets, forecasts, year-end accounts including submission of documentation for tax credits
- Coordinate general accounting activities including billing, cashiering, accounts payable, payroll, including timely tax reporting
We are looking for an exceptional individual for this opportunity:
- Significant financial knowledge and experience – qualified accountant with at least 5 years’ post qualification experience, ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Business management skills (financial, operational)
- Strategic planning and implementation skills
- Previous Executive team experience within an SME or senior manager within large organisation
- Capable of adapting to working in a growing SME and scaling up rapidly
- Previous experience working within the legal sector or equivalent regulated working environment
- Experience of acquiring businesses
- Creative financial modeller
This is a very attractive opportunity that will offer a positive long-term challenge for the most ambitious of candidates. A remuneration package has been set to attract and reward the very best talent.
Pratap Partnership have been retained on this assignment on an exclusive basis.