Experienced Accountant required for a large financial services business based in Knaresborough. This is a newly created role due to business demands/acquisitions.
The purpose of the role is to assist the team with the delivery of the audit cycle for members and partners, whilst also providing additional support for onboarding new members and changes. Supporting in the production of accurate monthly client reconciliations, supporting data for solvency calculations and monthly reporting for KPI packs.
The role is partially office based and partially on the road visiting member although currently temporarily homebased due to Covid.
Duties to include:
- Audit members’ compliance, with FCA CASS 5 client money rules and internal requirements relating to those client money rules.
- Ensuring back office systems for all members contain valid and accurate transactions, such as insurer creditors, client debtors and bank account balances and that these are maintained accurately and in accordance with any procedures/ membership agreements
- Breach Monitoring and communication of corrective action plan to members; whilst providing training and support to colleagues
- Producing monthly and accurate client money reconciliations, KPI reporting and support towards FCA solvency calculations.
- Delivering due diligence process for new members and upgrades and complete accurate and high quality written reports.
- Maintaining accurate monthly records and reporting of member data
- Completion of solvency calculations to set deadlines
- Member risk profile
- Trend analysis of audit scores
Candidates with strong accounting experience and audit experience within financial services are preferred.
- The successful candidate will be a finalist/newly qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Have experience of working in a regulated environment
- Clear, positive, constructive communication skills are required with the ability to build and maintain internal/external relationships
Key attractions for potential candidates are:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + stats
- Life insurance
- Critical illness