Actavo is a leading infrastructure company servicing the UK, Ireland, Middle East and the Caribbean. The Company is committed to delivering excellence to their clients and their customers, underpinned by rigorous quality standards, a multi-award-winning safety performance and industry-leading customer experience. They have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Finance Manager based primarily out of Brigg, North Lincolnshire.
This role is instrumental to the success of the business, working as a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the CFO and will appeal to candidates operating at this level looking for another challenge or those looking for a step-up.
You will provide 'real time' support and analysis, be a trusted adviser and add value that will assist in decision making.
Key accountabilities include;
- Financial responsibility for three business units with a combined revenue of c. €40m across the UK and Ireland
- Overview and responsibility for delivery of monthly divisional management accounts with detailed commentary on variance analysis and key performance indicators.
- Support the delivery of multi-year financial forecasts, annual budgets, weekly, monthly and quarterly trading forecasts
- Formulation and presentation of financial results to Senior Management
- Support senior management in the evaluation of proposed commercial action and wider strategic options
- Contribute to the greater finance team's role in driving and improving quality of financial analysis provided to Senior Management
- Ongoing development of cross function relationships to maintain & improve the flow of key information, ensuring the delivery of on time and internally consistent data
- Working capital management, focusing on on-going cashflow management, minimising outstanding debtors and work in progress. Cash flow forecasts - weekly and monthly
- Manage a finance team of five, guiding and mentoring more junior members of staff
- Assist and help manage the implementation of more a new ERP system across the business, working to automate processes and reporting where possible
- Assist the business in any acquisitions or disposals of businesses, as required
You will be;
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ commercial experience
- Ideally SME background, hands on working with operations
- Energetic with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strategic with an ability to identify and drive change.
- Excellent analytical with a high standard of numerical skills.
- A key member of the Senior Management team with an ability to influence operations teams and drive the business
We are looking for a very impressive candidate and have a reward package to attract the best. We can also offer a long-term future and opportunities for career progression.
The business has adopted a hybrid working process.