Carlton Forest Group is a renowned 3PL provider that operates across the UK and Ireland. Their mission is to create partnerships with their customers to deliver a superior service and remain a high-quality specialist 3PL provider. They take pride in providing fast, flexible and bespoke services. Their extensive experience and exemplary performance in warehousing, distribution and logistics means they have the capabilities and track record to achieve success together.
The business have created a brand new role to provide 1st line support to the business on legal and HR matters. To identify when external advice should be sought and to manage that process. To ensure that the processes and controls of the group, which is rapidly growing, are future proof and appropriate.
Duties of the role will include:
- Proof reading, drafting and interpreting shareholder agreements and customer contracts / tender documents
- Producing high level business correspondence
- Assisting with project work
- Progress transactions by identifying what/who needs to be chased
- Company secretarial work to support AGM and board meetings
- Updating employment contracts and reviewing HR policies
- Preparing insurance renewals
- Conducting legal research
- Ensuring compliance to relevant laws and regulations
- Overseeing health and safety and injury claims and offering advice on court cases
- Ensure all employment contracts are complete and updated for any change in role and new starters
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource legal requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced growing business the ideal candidate should demonstrate the following essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Worked in industry in the past, providing high level support at board level
- Reports into the Group Finance Director
- Knowledge of legal matters & the application of those to industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Administration skills
- Good team working abilities
- Ability to use your initiative.
- Responsive to the business needs