Experienced Sales Ledger Controller required for a service provider based in Barnsley. Requiring an immediate start this role is for 6 months.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver a comprehensive and efficient invoicing, credit control, cash posting and sales ledger reporting service to underpin an excellent customer experience.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller duties will include:
- Raising all sales invoices including high volume/low value
- Ensuring the contracted list of customers reconciles and billing is undertaken in line with expectations
- Processing all income from credit cards, electronic banking and cheques on appropriate systems to ensure prompt allocation to accounts / invoices.
- Manage and maintain the BACs Direct Debit and mandate on system and manage the processing of the twice monthly direct debit runs in compliance with the direct debit rules.
- Maintain rigorous credit control processes to include credit checks, pre-emptive debt review and overdue debt chasing activities to ensure debtor days are minimised. Liaise with legal partner and satisfy requirements for customers taken through legal debt recovery processes.
- Monthly Sales Ledger reconciliations and aged debt reporting for Finance KPIs and business process improvement.
- Provide a central point as the key customer contact for queries and finance helpline calls.
- Act as absence cover for the Purchase Ledger Controller
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
This search is not limited to any industry. Experience and customer service skills are key to this recruitment.
- Experience of setting up and maintaining high numbers of direct debit customers is desirable
- Strong organisational skills to ensure full range of duties are planned and completed to daily, weekly and monthly timetables, particularly at busy times.
- Previous experience in both sales ledger and credit control is essential
- Experience of a windows based financial information system with integrated sales and purchase ledgers is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
In return, company offers competitive salary plus additional employee benefits.