STH Finance is one of the largest finance functions in South Yorkshire and offers one of the most comprehensive lists of features and benefits to attract new candidates. As an interim employee at STH you qualify for all of these benefits.
This list includes:
- Longer term career development opportunities within the wider NHS with this NHS experience, with pay progression.
- Training & development through professional qualifications and internally.
- A work / life balance that includes flexible working and 27 days’ holidays plus bank holidays (rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 after 10).
- A pay & benefits package that is second to none in the region – winning the “Employee Benefits Awards” in 2021.
In addition to these benefits, the 180 staff in the finance team are all motivated by the highest sense of job fulfilment and pride working for the NHS. Everyone is part of something special, working for an employer that has created an inclusive, collaborative and supportive culture.
Deputy Chief Financial Accountant
Hybrid - Northern General Hospital - 6 month contract
As a Finance Manager your duties will include:
As a key member of the Senior Finance team you will provide expert advice and management of, the development and implementation of the overarching strategy regarding Financial Accounting and Financial Governance obligations. You will support the timely and accurate completion of the Trust’s Statutory Financial Statements (Annual Accounts), including leading the completion of the Trust Subsidiary Annual Accounting requirements and support the implementation and application of appropriate policies and procedures.
- Previous Financial / Audit experience
- Qualified in a finance qualification i.e. ACCA/ACA
- Technically minded
- Fixed asset experience
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals are committed to recruiting and developing a diverse pool of talented people who want to be part of making STH a thriving and PROUD* place to work and ensuring they continue to flourish and succeed in improving the lives of the people we are proud to serve. If this sounds like the kind of organisation you would like to work in, we would be delighted to speak to you about this role.
Full detailed job spec can be provided.