A fantastic opportunity for an Executive Assistant to join a growing business, supporting the CEO and his family.
Carlton Forest Group is an entrepreneurial group of companies headquartered in Hellaby, Rotherham. They are a renowned 3PL provider that operates across the UK and Ireland. They also have a rapidly growing renewable energy business. The business has a great history, superb people and very high ambitions for growth.
As the business continues to grow, there is a clear need for an Executive Assistant to come and support the CEO, Mark Pepper, the Partners, & the Senior Leadership Team.
The role will involve working closely with the SLT to ensure that the organisation, systems, and file structures are compliant and keep up with the business growth targets, and that management information is clear and accurately communicated. The CEO and his Wife are also looking for some support privately where engagements dictate that occasional child minding and or house sitting might be required to help support the families work life balance, as confidential support to the family who also are the principal partners in the majority owning business, you’ll be expected to deliver a high level of discretion and confidentially in a business that has strong family values running through it.
Duties and Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Act as first point of contact for the board and family members dealing with correspondence, emails and phone calls as required.
- Ensure that the SLT follow and adhere to the electronic file structure established
- Supporting and where appropriate leading on group wide initiatives and projects e.g., GDPR compliance, Corporate Social responsibility.
- Managing diaries and organising meetings and controlling access to Board as required.
- Organising events and conferences managing budgets and return on investment
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation.
- Reminding the Board, and family of important tasks and deadlines.
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence.
- Overseeing the effective management and organisation of data including paper based and electronic and setting up systems for archiving / destruction.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems.
- Managing the Family personal diary with an occasional need to help with children or house sit.
- Giving confidential and sensitive support on private business for Family members as required.
What were looking for:
- Significant experience of working as a secretary / PA
- Experience of dealing with confidential information
- Computer literacy including word processing
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook/Excel etc.
- Experience of setting up new approaches to data management, filing and archiving.
- Supportive and organised
- Good organisational and time management skills – ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and present information clearly and concisely both verbal and written
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Tact and diplomacy
- Ability to plan and manage own workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to follow instruction and learn new tasks and to show initiative.
- Ability work well under pressure without sacrificing attention to detail
- Work effectively as required with other colleagues and team members e.g. on project work.
- Open minded and willing to be flexible and adaptable towards the on-going development of the role
- Willingness to undergo internal and external training
- Able to co-ordinate a project
• Able to support Family member showing utmost confidentiality, discretion and empathy.
What's on offer:
- Basic Salary £40,000 + Overtime
- Fuel card for business expenses
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Other benefits