An excellent opportunity for a part-qualified accountant to join one of the most exciting businesses in North Yorkshire; a newly created role, working in a high-calibre finance department and in a fast-paced manufacturing industry.
Ilke Homes is revolutionising the house building industry with their product – modular housing that is energy-efficient homes, zero carbon and capable of developing entire sites from start to finish in 7 days across the UK.
Such a positive proposition has attracted significant investment and a first-class team of people who are the foundation of their culture. The business prides itself on pioneering their market as well as taking an ethical and accountable role in the communities and environment in which they operate.
Working as part of the Finance Team, under the leadership of the Group Financial Controller, the Factory Accountant will be responsible for monthly managerial accounting, strategic measures and cost accounting for the manufacturing division whilst also getting involved in ad hoc requests and projects, as well as liaising with the Group Financial Controller and factory department heads to help drive the business’ financial strategy.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting in production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts for the manufacturing division
- Monthly journal preparation and postings
- Creating and manage factory overhead schedules
- Reviewing and analyse overheads, identifying and reporting variations to the Group Financial Controller
- Reconciliation and confirmation of inventory balance sheet accounts including sub ledger accounts
- IAS2 inventory calculations
- Supporting colleagues responsible for the purchase ledger
- Adherence to and improvement of the financial operational controls
- Provide day-to-day financial support to the business leads including ad-hoc requests and analysis
- Assist in the preparation of OPEX forecasts for consolidation and review by the Group Financial Controller
- Provide information to support audit and statutory accounts process
- Other ad hoc duties as required
This role would suit an ambitious, enthusiastic, motivated individual who is self sufficient and wants to continue learning:
- Experience within manufacturing is desirable
- Training will be provided
- Studying toward CIMA or ACCA
- You must be IT literate with Advanced Excel skills and Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- A positive, intuitive attitude is required
- The ability and flexibility to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment is essential
In return, the company offers:
- Competitive salary + study package
- Free on-site parking
- 37.5 hour working week
- 25 days holiday + stats
PRATAP PARTNERSHIP ARE ENGAGED EXCLUSIVELY FOR THIS RECRUITMENT CAMPAIGN