One of our most important clients in Doncaster is looking to recruit for a maternity cover for 12 months for a Finance Analyst. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will join a growing global business and dynamic and energetic finance team.
The business has a turnover of over £200m and is the UK subsidiary of a large European group. They have a strong share of a resilient market sector, benefiting from a strong reputation and a great people strategy.
Full remote working or hybrid pattern is available
- Report on divisional / company performance in terms of training budget and associated costs, including explaining and interpreting the results to senior managers.
- Ensure that costs are charged to the relevant department, contract or overhead code, using information provided from the management and business systems.
- Assist in the development of the systems used in order that maximum benefit is obtained from their use and that the needs of the business are met. Involvement in the implementation of new systems, data modelling and report writing, as required.
- Be able to interrogate and question the numbers, identify anomalies, offer advice and suggestions for improvement where necessary.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are maintained over training related balance sheet accounts by performing periodic reconciliations, investigating entries made, and maintaining documentary evidence for audit purposes.
- Assist in budgeting/ quarterly reforecasting process of each department and collate all information to produce one central training budget for the coming year.
- Maintain the current Training Power Bi Report
- Support and enhance the Power BI capabilities of the Finance team.
- Maintain and run the weekly short term Cash forecasting report
- Maintain and support the long-term cash forecasting model and ensure assumptions are aligned to short term forecasts
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- Professional Accountancy Qualification or equivalent
- Ability and keenness to learn and develop quickly
- Attention to detail and demonstration of investigative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to interact and feel at ease whilst communicating with other team members
- Advanced EXCEL skills and a sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office range of products
- Knowledge of Power BI