Experienced Finance Assistant required for a large manufacturing business based in Barnsley. This role is temporary initially, due to business demands, and does require an immediate start.
The purpose of the role is to assist in the day-to-day activities of the finance department including the period end process, preparation of monthly management accounts, reports and associated activities along with ad hoc projects and process improvements.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant duties will include:
- Running monthly reports in preparation of period end reporting.
- Preparing period end journals as necessary including revenue, trade services and shipping.
- Preparing tax and allocation journals.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and analysis, ensuring any reconciling items are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Assisting in providing weekly/monthly management information/account.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packs.
- Preparing and reconciling inter-company recharges.
- Preparing monthly PAYE and associated payroll returns and ensure prompt payment.
- Provide cover for weekly payroll processing.
- Provide cover for sales ledger which includes closing of sales invoices and credits, posting cash and providing copy invoices and statements for customers.
- Provide cover for purchase ledger which includes liaising with the purchasing/supply chain department to ensure accurate coding and matching of purchase orders.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
- The successful candidate will be computer literate with working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- You must be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, make decisions on your own initiative or as part of a team.
- An ability to demonstrate a proactive and committed approach to work and the business is required.
In return company offers a competitive salary plus additional benefits.