Experienced Finance Assistant required for a large manufacturing business based in Barnsley.
The purpose of the role is to support the finance tam with the day-to-day activities including the daily financial transactions, period end process, preparation of monthly management accounts, reports and associated activities along with ad hoc projects and process improvements.
Reporting to the Management Accountant duties will include:
- Assisting in the development and subsequent control of a standard cost accounting system ensuring that costs and variances are reported accurately, including updating production efficiencies.
- To assist in and analyse the impact of monthly / quarterly cost updates for material, labour and overheads, ensuring accuracy and consistency in line with Policy and Procedures.
- Preparing and implementing any system amendments and reviewing standard costs, querying any anomalies to ensure the standard costs are accurate.
- Assisting in the weekly payroll processing and associated activities.
- Providing cover for sales ledger which includes closing of sales invoices and credits, posting cash and providing customers with copy invoices and statements.
- Providing cover for purchase ledger which includes liaising with the purchasing/supply chain department to ensure accurate coding and matching of purchase orders.
- Preparing period end journals as necessary.
- Preparing and reconciling inter-company recharges.
- Preparing and submitting all requests for National Statistics Office information, Intrastat, Sales reporting, etc.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
- The successful candidate will be computer literate with working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- You must be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, make decisions on your own initiative or as part of a team.
- An ability to demonstrate a proactive and committed approach to work and the business is required.
Potential candidates can expect:
- Competitive salary + study support
- 26 days holiday + stats