Group Finance Director based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire – Very attractive reward package
With a long and very successful history, the Brook Group is an independently owned Group of companies based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Having once operated as the largest independent late night operator in the UK, the Group has significantly diversified into commercial property development and more recently through a series of strategic acquisitions into the hotel, leisure and hospitality sectors. The Group is undergoing a period of significant growth and is currently forecasting a development pipeline in excess of £50m while employing over 200 people.
The Group Finance Director will report into the CEO (who is also the majority shareholder) and with the support of a small team, will lead on all aspects of the financial and governance strategy across all subsidiaries and investments;
- Responsible for all aspects of finance along with HR strategy, insurance and risk
- Oversee the cycle of reporting, controls and administration across individual subsidiaries
- Responsible for all debt financing and investing activities of the group
- Working capital management (short and long term) and commercial project appraisal
- Statutory accounts, legal obligations and company secretarial responsibilities
- Leading a strong tax strategy
- Analysis and presentation of management accounts to the board, highlighting commercial opportunities, issues and contributing to the overall operating plan
- Key point of contact with banks, legal advisers and trustees within family trusts
The successful candidate will be a Finance Director with experience, ambition and an ability to work in a fast-moving environment. Candidates who have held directorships within privately owned SMEs with entrepreneurial cultures will have an advantage.
Pratap Partnership are retained to lead this recruitment campaign on an exclusive basis.