A high-profile Finance Director role within a manufacturing business on the outskirts of Sheffield.
Our client is at an advanced stage of an MBO process, led by an experienced board, with an exciting plan of growth post-MBO.
- Set and lead all aspects of the financial strategy.
- Leading a small team of 4 finance staff to produce regular and ad hoc management information for the business to make key decisions (team covers cash collection, billing and financial controls)
- Develop and control the company’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met and financial and statutory regulations complied with.
- Leading on a very complex costing process to ensure that the business can estimate and communicate tenders.
- Oversee the preparation of the company's financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
- Develop and implement an internal audit programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations.
We are not limiting this search to any particular qualification, industry sector or niche skillset. Strength of character, people skills and shared values are central to this recruitment process. Previous experience working within private equity is essential .
- Hands-on, commercial and operationally minded – able to demonstrate the skills to strengthen collaboration between finance and manufacturing operations
- High levels of drive, ambition and energy
- Able to balance the long-term objectives of the business with the day-to-day demands
- Strong and robust personality – experienced in working in a culture of collaboration, results-focus and direct communication
- Motivated by plans for growth – ideally from a very early stage of development
The key attractions for potential candidates can be summarised;
- Supporting the Managing Director to lead the business plan
- Managing the relationship with private equity , ensuring they receive the information and communication that they expect.
- Lead and communicate the financial strategy for the business
- Developing all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business, whilst leading the finance team (and the wider business) to ensure that the company's financial commitments are met.