Ambitious Finance Manager required for a PE backed, multi million turnover business in North Yorkshire. Due to growth within this rapidly expanding, cash rich business a new opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager. The key purpose of the role is:
To support the Head of Operational Accounting in managing a specialist team within the Financial Accounting & Control department with responsibility for accounting for revenue, cost of sales marketing programmes and customer loyalty schemes. Management of a team of 2 Accountants (direct reports) and 2 Accounts Assistants (indirect reports), ensuring they meet monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting deadlines. To identify process improvements across the organisation, liaising with the other teams / departments as necessary to manage and facilitate change. Ensure that the financial control framework is operating as designed for areas of responsibility, developing into a subject matter in said areas.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring accurate and timely preparation, review and submission of all information required from direct reports for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Deliver compliance of internal and external accounting policies and procedures in area of responsibility as directed by Head of Operational Accounting.
- Effective management, development and mentoring team including those studying towards professional qualification
- Key participant in managing inventory reporting across over 500 locations, trade payables and rebate receivables for the same in addition to accurate gross margin reporting at branch level.
- Ensure compliance with all financial controls responsibilities
- Proactive identification and reporting of gross margin and marketing risks and opportunities on a timely basis to commercial colleagues in a manner appropriate to the audience
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE (Person Specification):
- Recognised Accountancy qualification with a minimum 1 – 3 years PQE
- Good knowledge of current Accounting Standards (UK GAAP and IFRS)
- Experience of operating financial controls within a complex business environment
- Ability to work with large data sets confidently and efficiently
- Experience of managing a team
- Gross margin / inventory accounting experience
This role presents a great opportunity for career development and enhancement within an organistion who are expanding rapidly and committed to people development. They are offering a competitive salary of £45,000 plus a 15% bonus, private health and pension.