Up to £50k + bonus + Company Car Scheme + excellent benefits package
We are delighted to be assisting one of Leeds’s fasted growing companies, who due to a period of continued growth are recruiting a Finance Manager to mange a management accounts team, and to help support the group function by delivering reliable and robust management information, including in depth analysis.
This role sits within a large finance team, who all work in a fast paced environment. The role is responsible for accurately reporting the performance of one or more divisions and ensuring that all relevant balance sheet accounts are reconciled, understood and are clear from aged reconciling items.
The role will work closely with the divisional executive teams in a collaborative environment to ensure that all past, present and future management decisions and actions are represented appropriately in the divisional results.
The role demands a confident and skilled qualified accountant. Excellent, professional, communication and negotiation skills are essential as is a proven ability to partner with business functions ensuring a proactive rather than reactive approach.
To summarise the duties involved:
- To lead the team, and work with other teams in finance and non-finance functions to ensure the regular production and analysis of accurate and timely divisional financial and analytical reporting, including co-ordination of month end processes and timetable working with suppliers of information to ensure deadlines are met
- Reporting, analysis and explanation of performance against Plan and Forecasts, reviewing any underlying analysis prepared by the team to ensure it is accurate and controlled and that any interlinked variances are consistent. Highlighting any issues impacting on cashflow
- Maintenance of an appropriate control schedule for all balance sheet reconciliations relating to the division, which can be used as audit evidence, ensuring all accounts are reconciled and reviewed on a regular basis (in line with the agreed schedule)
- Assist with the preparation of the budget and forecast feeding in any assumptions, issues and/or opportunities to ensure that unnecessary variances are minimised.
- Development of models, evaluation and analysis of profit opportunities;
- Lead c2-3 FTE. Manage, coach and develop a high performing team
To be successful in applying for this role, it is essential that the candidate meets the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA /ACCA/ ACA)
- Excellent technical, analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent communicator and team leader
- Strong IT capabilities, detailed knowledge of the main Microsoft applications including excellent excel knowledge (lookups, pivot tables, formulae etc)