One of the employers of choice in the Barnsley area have a newly created vacancy for a Finance Manager. Reporting to the newly appointed Finance Director this is an integral role to this growing manufacturing business. The role requires a "hands on" accountant with a good grounding in a manufacturing environment. The business is looking to grow and will bring with it career progression and project work
- Full responsibility of the monthly management accounts including all balance sheet reconciliations, P&L and cashflows.
- Produce timely and accurate weekly, management information for the business.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the jobs allocated to you and a forward-thinking approach to new opportunities.
- Preparation of daily/weekly management reports
- Monthly reporting on rebates and contracts
- Monthly management & board reporting packs
- Annual budgeting responsibility for CAPEX & Sales.
- Investment appraisal support, generating pre and post analysis on improvements.
- Perform key adhoc analysis on continuous improvement initiatives
- Supervising the accounts team
Our client is looking for candidates with the following;
- Qualified or Qualified by experience Accountant with at least 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong people management skills and experience of managing a finance team
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail with pragmatic approach
- Ability to see the wider financial impact
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to promote, embrace and manage change
The key attractions for potential candidates;
- Strong mentorship and support from the Finance Director, 25 days holiday, parking and pension