Finance Manager - Multinational business based on the outskirts of central Leeds.
An attractive opportunity to join a large and dynamic team in a business with a very positive culture and a hybrid working pattern. The key purpose of this post is to lead a management reporting team preparing complex management accounting information for the business and ensure all outputs of the team are accurate, timely and understood by key stakeholders.
Key accountabilities would include:
- Ensuring that all management reporting requirements are met on a timely basis and that reported information is accurate and supported with insightful commentaries.
- Coordination of all regular and ad-hoc management reporting requests ensuring accountability and deadlines are clearly communicated to the wider department.
- Leading on the review of the consolidated monthly management accounts for multiple companies ensuring a comprehensive audit trail is available for all reporting including balance sheet reconciliations and journal vouchers.
- Ensuring strict compliance with IFRS accounting standards and group accounting policies to the acceptance of the all stakeholders including external auditors and internal finance management.
- Taking initiative when required to ensure management are in receipt of all information needed to fully understand the financial position of the business, including profit, cash and balance sheet, regardless of the information requested.
- Take ownership of the Group financial reporting process through the submission of data into reporting systems, through the preparation of commentaries and through the timely resolution of all requests received from external auditors.
- Support the statutory financial reporting process through the timely resolution of all requests received from external auditors and through the provision of statutory accounting inputs as requested.
- Take ownership of the budgeting and forecasting activities as required including coordination of all inputs, deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Adherence to internal processes and risk frameworks in addition to leading system, process and policy change as required.
The suitable applicant will have/be:
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a senior team in applying professional techniques in a commercial environment
- A qualified accountant
- Excellent team leadership skills
- High quality decision making
- Results focus
- Ability to motivate self
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to build positive relationships
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Committed to a high standard of performance
- Drive to achieve continuous improvement
- Commercial acumen
The position is paying a salary of £48-58,000 plus, pension, bonus, life cover, private health, 25 days holiday and hybrid working and would offer a variety of possibilities for further promotion.