Finance Manager sought for a Multinational business based on the outskirts of central Leeds.
An attractive opportunity to join a large and dynamic team in a business with a very positive culture and a hybrid working pattern (one or two days in the office). The key purpose of this post is to provide effective finance business partnering to the Managing Director – Retail Sales, Commercial Director and Operations Director, and their subsequent Management Teams.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Provide support for commercial decisions taken by the Management teams.
- Drive for value at the bottom line, with a focus on revenue enhancement / protection and on cost saving opportunities.
- Awareness of industry changes, changes to products, customer portfolio and individual customer contracts, allowing assessment of the potential impact on financial results
- Contribution and review of the monthly financial performance of the Energy Supply division in coordination with Management Reporting, including variance analysis to budgets & forecasts incorporating friction analysis and customer profitability.
- To drive towards improved Management Information and Data Ownership/Integrity.
- Responsible for driving the Commercials of the Budget, Medium Term Plan and forecasting processes, ensuring positive senior stakeholder engagement in the process.
- Taking initiative when required to ensure management are in receipt of all information needed to fully understand the financial position of the business, including profit, cash and balance sheet.
- Provide challenge and input to commercial tenders to maximise profitability.
- Continually deliver improved processes and improve the quality of management reporting.
- Ensure invoice validation is performed accurately and payments are made within terms.
- Support the statutory financial reporting process through the timely resolution of all requests received from external auditors.
Qualifications and experience required for this role:
- Qualified Accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) with at least 2 years PQE.
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Proven experience of financial techniques and optimisation.
- Proven ability to lead a successful team.
- Experience of senior level stakeholder management.
- Experience in the electricity and/or gas industry is preferable
This is a great opportunity to join a large and complex organisation who can offer great prospects for career development and enhancement as well as a competitive salary of up to £55,000 plus car/car allowance plus bonus and benefits.