NYMR was founded in 1973 and is in the top 2% of UK charities by size. Today the North York Moors Historical Railway Trust is a not-for-profit charitable organisation run as part of the local community. It is a preserved historic railway stretching for 18 miles through the hearth of North Yorkshire with over 100 employees, 1000 volunteers and 10,000 members.
Due to future growth plans, they are looking to recruit a Trust Finance Manager to add support and value to their existing team. Reporting to the Finance Director this is a newly created position and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive accounting practices for the Trust
- Maintaining all Trust accounting records, and ensure that they are up to date, complete and accurate at all times
- Maintaining through the system detailed records of all allocations of Trust income, expenditure and reserves, into the various funds under the main headings of Restricted, Unrestricted, Delegated, Endowment and Free.
- Such records to allow full understanding of funds received, allocated, spent and committed
- Producing in a timely manner a detailed monthly management information pack showing the full Trust financial status including fully split Income and Expenditure Accounts, Statement of Financial Activities and Balance Sheet
- To consolidate and reduce the various Trust Bank Accounts in use, and keep them all continuously fully reconciled.
- All Gift Aid administration
A qualified accountant or qualified by experienced candidate with drive and ambition that understands the complexity of different revenue streams and must have previous experience working for a charitable organisation.
- Fully qualified or QBE accountant
- Significant charity and charity accounting experience
- Flexible, confident, resourceful and able to work under pressure and to at times challenging deadlines
- Strong basic practical accounting skills and experience
- IT literate with advanced computer skills including use of Excel etc.
- Strong personality and demeanour
- Excellent team player, with first class communication skills, including a good telephone manner.