Ambitious Finance Manager required for a PE backed, multi million pound turnover business in North Yorkshire.
As business continues to go from strength to strength with plans to grow through acquisitions, a new opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to support the Senior Finance Manager in managing a specialist team within Financial Accounting. This role will oversee a team of 1 Accountant and 2 Accounts Assistants as direct reports by ensuring they meet monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting deadlines. To identify process improvements across the Department liaising with the other teams. Ensuring financial control framework is operating for area of responsibility. Is a subject matter expert in area of responsibility. Alongside senior finance manager takes ownership of finance business partnering between Property and Financial Accounting teams.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring accurate and timely preparation, review and submission of all information required from direct reports for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Deliver compliance of internal and external accounting policies and procedures in area of responsibility as directed by Senior Finance Manager
- Effective management, development and mentoring team including those studying towards professional qualification
- Key participant in budgeting, forecasting and IFRS reporting framework to the Group team for FTSE reporting purposes
- Reporting of complex technical data in a format that can be understood by business stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with all financial controls responsibilities
The suitable applicant will have:
· Recognised Accountancy qualification with a minimum 1 – 3 years PQE
· Excellent knowledge of current Accounting Standards (UK GAAP and IFRS)
· Experience of operating financial controls within a complex business environment
DESIRABLE but not essential
· Relevant Industry Experience
· Some business partnering experience
· Experience of managing a team
· Property accounting experience
This role presents an excellent opportunity for career development and enhancement within an organisation who are committed to people development as well as a strong focus on CSR. They have a modern approach to flexible working and are offering the opportunity of splitting the working week between home and office. They are offering a competitive salary of circa £45,000 with the addition of a 15% bonus, private health and pension.