Financial Accountant with remote working - Exclusively registered with Pratap Partnership.
A superb opportunity to work in a truly dynamic, agile business who are growing rapidly after recently being acquired. Whilst this business is based in York, the working pattern and location is totally flexible allowing employees to work completely remotely if they choose to do so.
The suitable applicant will be joining the business at a time of significant growth, this role will be a key component in enabling decision making which underpins the delivery of the businesses strategic plan. Working within an established finance team, you will combine technical knowledge with communication to ensure a strong control environment. As Financial Accountant your role has responsibility in the business to ensure accounting implications are carefully considered across all commercial, operational and strategic decisions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working on the consolidation and delivering accurate statutory annual accounts for all Group companies. Ensuring accurate reporting for complex areas such as M&A, treasury and share schemes.
- Working with the finance Manager on the month end procedures and monthly management reporting (inc. developing our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting). Delivering monthly Board reporting including providing management commentary and key metrics. Work alongside our FP&A team to get reports out to the wider business promptly.
- Management of our outsourced payroll function, including calculation of bonuses and commissions.
- Involvement in the successful implementation of our new ERP system, NetSuite. Helping to ensuring that strong financial governance is in place. Then identify and implementing process improvement and changes required by ERP updates/changes to accounting standards.
- Responsible for managing the Group’s Cash position, including management of forex.
- Ensuring robust financial controls are established, well understood and are being followed throughout the business.
The suitable applicant will have the following skills/experience:
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA) with post qualified experience.
- Prior group accounting and consolidation experience in a fast paced environment.
- Technical knowledge of IFRS and risk management will be an advantage.
- Experience in process improvement, automating processes where you can, and systems change desirable.
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment, work well as part of a team, and have good collaborative skills. Proactive and able to prioritise a variety of demands under time pressure and work flexibly to meet demands. A great people person with an enthusiasm for working with others.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to present and simplify financial information.
- You have a commitment to excellence and close attention to detail.
- Strong/Advanced Excel skills
- Previous exposure to NetSuite is ideal but not essential.
This is a truly people focused business who offer a fantastic benefit package and encourage staff to give back to the community, giving employees 11 “community days” to be spent supporting a charity of their choice in addition to the 24 days holiday, pension, private health and staff discounts. If you would like the opportunity to work in a growing business where every day is different, and great scope for career progression, this could be the opportunity to you