Pratap Partnership is working with a University in the Centre of Sheffield to recruit for a Financial Accountant. This role would suit a candidate who has worked in a regulated company of chartered practice, public sector or financial services.
The role provides high level specialist financial accounting and finance advice across the University, ensuring the provision of high standards of service to support financial reporting, compliance, forecasting and decision making.
- Ensure financial transactions are accounted for in line with the relevant accounting standards/regulation and appropriate financial controls are operated
- Provide advice and support on technical issues in relation to the accounting and tax treatment of financial transactions with regards to internal and external regulations
- Review activity within the subsidiary companies; preparing subsidiary Financial Statement and providing information for tax computations.
- Responsible for the provision of financial information in the OfS Financial Return and ONS returns
- Preparing the review of the University's corporation tax position
- Responsible for monitoring the quality and integrity of data/ records/service and compliance with relevant frameworks, regulations or legislation (e.g. financial regulations, internal policies, accounting standards and tax legislation)
- Support the development and delivery of technical training to Finance and other relevant areas with respect to financial compliance, accounting standards and tax.
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- Qualified ACA/ACCA
- Experience of managing Financial Accounting related services
- Significant experience of working effectively in an environment of complex regulations and procedures (e.g. accounting standards, direct and indirect tax legislation, data protection regulations)
- Experience of preparing statutory returns, e.g. VAT, Corporation Tax, financial statement
- Experience of working with internal or external auditors and processes
Flexible working, excellent pension scheme, generous holiday allowance