A global manufacturing company based just of M1 Wakefield has a newly created role of Financial Accountant. With a turnover of c£20m and growing this role would suit an accountant looking for their first move to industry from chartered practice. There is also a rapid career path to Financial Controller
As an integral member of the Finance Team, you will support the Finance Director in all aspects of Group and Entity financial and statutory reporting, control, tax and treasury.
You will be comfortable operating in an international business and developing strong relationships with remote stakeholders throughout the Group’s international operations, and as required, supporting across the Group on technical accounting and tax matters.
- Preparation and development of the Group and subsidiary financial reporting and Statutory accounts preparation
- Ensure robust and standardised financial presentation and reconciliation of all monthly balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain records to meet all legal, corporate tax, VAT and HM Revenue and Customs requirements.
- Support the Group Financial Controller in preparing financial reports for the Senior Management Team, directors and external stakeholders.
- Develop and interface with the day-to-day audit relationship and the annual group audit, and oversee those of group entities
- Advise on tax analysis, reporting and compliance to optimise the company’s financial performance globally
- Support the Group Financial Controller planning and managing group and UK cash flow, assisting in the further evolution of the company cash management policies, banking requirements and currency treasury management for the group
- Participate in process improvement on financial controls, systems and processes to ensure the Group retains a strong financial control environment.
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- ACA/ACCA Qualified -first time mover from practice
- Good knowledge of tax and VAT
- Self-starter and results driven
- Attention to detail
Passionate and supportive line manager, excellent career progression potential and flexible home/office working