Financial Accountant Opportunity - Newly qualified ACA
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fantastic business at an exciting time of their development.
Overview of the company
They have completed a successful listing on AIM 2 years ago which has allowed them to set an ambitious strategy for growth – this has already seen a successful acquisition last year
The business is led by a talented and ambitious board, supported by a high performing finance team who have a very strong profile throughout the entire business. They have a supportive culture towards their people, looking for opportunities to develop and progress each employee. This has led to the need to add further strength to the finance team
Overview of the opportunity
Working within the finance function your role will be to provide support to the team and ensure the Group meets its reporting, tax and internal deadlines while maintaining high quality output. Your duties will include:
- Preparation & review of monthly management accounts, including profit and loss, balance sheet, variance analysis, KPIs and commentaries.
- Budget, forecasting and analysis
- Analysis, interpretation and communication of financial data to relevant stakeholders in support of internal reporting requirements
- Support in consolidation accounting and reviews
- Undertaking reviews of accounting across the group ensuring compliance with accounting standards working with stakeholders to fully understand commercial reality, applying and explaining accounting principles
- Working with financial and operational teams to review processes and controls, identifying improvements and implementing solutions
- Preparation of annual accounts for subsidiary companies
- Preparation of tax packs and collation of information in support of tax requirements
- Month-end accounts journals and control account reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly Group KPI reporting.
- Calculation and preparation of quarterly VAT Returns.
- Preparation of year end analysis and support to the audit process.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as and when required.
Overview of the person:
You will be an ACA qualified accountant from a Top ten Accountancy practice who is experienced in financial reporting and statutory auditing. You will have strong Excel skills and a strong accounting knowledge and technical ability.
You will have energy enthusiasm and a desire get the job done, a good understanding of business and excellent team working skills. In return this is a fantastic place to work that will nurture your future development and a business that cares about its people. Excellent salary, and benefits package are offered.