An opportunity that will appeal to the very best Financial Accountants looking to move from Practice into a thriving manufacturing company and take the next step in your career - a chance to work within a fast paced business with a world-class finance function
Financial Accountant - with a blend of home and office working (1-2 days a week in Elland)
Marshalls mission is ‘Creating Better Spaces’. They are a Superbrand for the 12th year running and a successful FTSE 250. The brand is synonymous with quality; supplying prestigious landmarks such as Trafalgar Square, while also caring for the environment and communities in which they operates.
Because of growth, they have a new vacancy for a Financial Accountant. This job sits within the Head Office function. It’s a pivotal role, which involves a varied workload and has a big impact. You’ll be a key player in the preparation of consolidated financial reports for our Board and Executive Management, and ensure the ongoing integrity of the Group’s financial control environment. Day to day that will include:
- Annual and interim report production (financial accounting and IFRS disclosures)
- Group financial audit – maintaining regular contact with external Auditor and key internal personnel
- Monthly Board report papers and consolidation workings (include full P&L and business unit reporting, group balance sheet and group cash flow statements – review and analysis of monthly results). A range of other reports include monthly flash sales and net bank position
- Group financial accounting – monthly reconciliations and journals
- Provision of agreed quarterly financial information to the Group’s banking partners
- Ongoing “technical and regulatory” accounting and reporting compliance
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance of the head office accounting records and schedules
- Oversee the head office budget process
- Subsidiary statutory accounts preparation
- Control role for ONS reporting and returns
- Authorisation responsibilities in relation to bank transactions and payments
There is plenty of scope to develop your own ideas and identify efficiency risks and opportunities. This job also gives you a great platform to provide mentoring and support to others who are studying and developing their career. Equally, you will be supported by your manager to realise your own career aspirations.
What skills are required?
- Newly qualified, “financial accounting” qualifications (eg. Member of ICAEW, ACCA or similar)
- Good technical knowledge of IFRS and financial reporting
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail - including advanced excel spreadsheet skills
- The ability to communicate really well with stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organised with a structured approach
- A positive and committed attitude
- The ability to shoulder responsibility and motivate those around you
- In addition it would be great if you trained in a major financial / accountancy firm
You need to be based within a commutable distance from the Head Office in Elland, West Yorkshire and commit to working 1 -2 days from the office on a weekly basis.
What will you get?
Marshalls recognise the need to invest in our workforce and that our most important asset is their people. You will get a competitive salary of circa £50,000 with opportunities to develop. Additional benefits include;
26 days holiday + bank holidays
37.5 hours with a balance of home and office working
Study support as required
Health care cash plan
Eye care scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Employee discount on products
Marshalls Wellbeing Centre
EE mobile phone discount – friends and family
Share purchase scheme
Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption pay and leave
5% employer matched pension scheme
Job security working for the UK’s leading manufacturer of landscaping products!
We’re really excited about the potential of this opportunity. If you’re looking for a move from Practice, and would like to challenge yourself in a new environment then we’d love to hear from you!