Outstanding opportunity to join a £500m turnover business in Sheffield as UK Financial Controller
The Finance function is responsible for all aspects of financial management including the acquisition and utilisation of all funds necessary for the organisation to operate efficiently, and the controlling and planning of financial resources.
The Financial Controller manages and maintains the accounting operations of the organisation by producing periodic financial reports, maintaining a system of accurate accounting records, and upholding a comprehensive set of controls and budgets.
- Manage and maintain final accounts, the general ledger, and financial reporting within agreed timescales
- Identify and understand the financial reporting needs of the organisation in order to structure and prepare reporting that leads and informs decision making.
- Research and evaluate trends and variances in financial metrics, provide interpretation, and deliver advice and guidance to financial information users.
- Continuous improvement to the systems, processes, and procedures which support the Finance function.
- Oversee, manage, and coordinate the production of the budget model.
- Ensure compliance with relevant audits, regulations, and legislation by determining the impact of any changes and taking required action where necessary.
- Teach, train, coach, and mentor 3 direct reports, promoting teammate satisfaction and enabling career progression.
We are looking for candidates with the following background;
ACA/ACCA Qualified with a background in a chartered practice environment
Ability to provide effective leadership, build positive team spirit and inspire, motivate, and support teammates
Highly advanced numerical skills, ability to manipulate large volumes of complex data and carry out detailed analysis
Excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to resolve complex issues
Excellent organisational skills, experience of prioritising and working to tight deadlines