An ambitious and innovative business in Chesterfield have a newly created opportunity for a Financial Controller. This role is ideal for a candidate who is looking for the next step in their career and who wants to be involved and have a real impact on the direction of the business. They are looking for someone with an analytical ability and strategic thinking who sees the connection between the business and its numbers
This is an exclusive role being recruited by Pratap Partnership
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for the full running of the accounts department supervising 1 Clerk
- Production of monthly management accounts including forecasting
- Production of annual management accounts, liaising with external auditors
- Facilitate review of P&L trends
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Drive forecasting for plans, cashflow, etc
- Active role in the strategic leadership team
- Manage & develop finance team
- Identify efficiencies and process improvements
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant or Qualified by experience with a SME in industry or chartered practice background
- Confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment and a hard working individual with energy and motivation.
- Be able to work to strict reporting deadlines.
- You must be able to demonstrate good judgement skills showing sound and logical decision-making process.
- Possess good time-management and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and plan workflow.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent career progression to develop with an exciting and expanding SME, 10% pension, bonus scheme and private health