Pratap Partnership is working with a University in Sheffield to recruit for a Financial Planning Accountant. As part of the Financial Planning and Analysis team you will have responsibility for the preparation of the financial forecasts and will undertake a range of strategic financial analysis and modelling projects. This role is fully aligned with the strategic and financial strategy. A key part of the role is having a proactive approach to service development and a commitment to improving systems and processes
- Working with key stakeholders in Planning, Projects and Business Intelligence and Finance to analyse, query and manipulate large volumes of financial data in a complex environment.
- Delivery of an integrated model for financial planning of all activities taking into account implications for income and expenditure, cash flow and balance sheet.
- Full analysis of the financial forecasts. This will include the recommendation to senior management of changes to financial planning and budgeting and the identification of opportunities and areas of risk in financial performance.
- Analysis and interpretation of the basis of external funding streams grant income and tuition fee income, including their relationship with associated expenditure.
- Responsible for delivery of the financial aspects of specific projects, including the development of financial modelling tools and financial reporting improvements.
- Undertake reviews of existing processes and systems from a variety of perspectives, recommending and implementing change and improvements.
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- Qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Substantial skills and experience in financial performance, financial planning, complex modelling, forecasting, budget monitoring and control
- Excellent IT skills, particularly excel with the ability to interrogate and analyse large volumes of data identifying trends
- A high standard of persuasion and influencing skills with the ability to remain impartial and objective
Hybrid working, excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowance