A large logistics company in Doncaster have a newly created vacancy for a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager. The initial primary objective will be to implement a new rolling forecast process and embedding this into the company
Forecasting will be built from key revenue and cost drivers, automated where possible, to provide a baseline which then be adjusted for known business changes and predictions. The forecast should be agile to meet the changing profile of the business and new customer activity.
- Development and implementation of a rolling / real time forecast process within the company for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow plus relevant non-financial statistics
- Ownership and development of the TM1 and associated forecasting tools ensuring best practice and robustness of support within finance
- Management and delivery of forecasts and budgets including a proactive management review process which promotes profit and continuous improvement
- Management and delivery of the forecast and budget
- Create the relevant narrative and storyboards for the forecasts, budgets and mid term plan
- Useful and proactive variance reporting
- Company level tracking of continuous improvement in the business with visibility of plan v actual
- Ensure best practice and latest developments in forecasting and budgeting are promoted to senior finance management.
- Reporting of key financial KPI’s across the team delivery
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- Qualified Accountant
- Previous experience of designing and implementing a rolling/real time forecast approach and a business review process
- Knowledge on financial forecasting, budgeting and mid term plan preparation and reporting
- Ideally have experience of Cognos TM1 software
- Experience of business partnering within an operational organisation
- Ability to apply a simplicity to complex forecasting requirements
This finance team have adopted a hybrid working pattern 19 and staff are typically in the office for a few days at period end and 1 day per week.
Bonus scheme, private medical, 25 days holiday and excellent pension scheme