FP & A Analyst , North Yorkshire up to £60K
Working for a recently established, well capitalised, innovative and dynamic business, we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced FP&A Analyst to join the team.
Working as part the Finance Team, under the leadership of the Head of Finance, the FP&A Analyst will be responsible for business partnering with manufacturing, purchasing and design teams, producing weekly and monthly KPI reports, producing month end financials, and cost accounting.
The FP&A Analyst will be expected to work on ad hoc requests and projects, as well as liaising with the Finance team and department heads to help drive the business’ financial strategy.
- Analyse, challenge and interpret the weekly and month end results to provide detailed analysis and insight into variances in sales, margin, overhead and working capital.
- Instigate more insightful KPIs and dashboards for optimal decision making
- Produce bridging and commentary between Actuals, Forecasts and prior periods. Understand and explain the causes for large variances, provide documented commentary and challenge the variances with the sites.
- Help steer the messaging and content of the month end reporting pack to ensure the correct insights and actions are communicated to management.
- Develop value added reporting and review processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and timeliness of information and delivery of additional insight.
- Support investment appraisals within the departments and offer guidance where required, as well as helping to identify and track benefits arising from investment opportunities.
- Finance lead on projects to deliver efficiencies and be seen as a real partner to the business.
- Participate in cost saving initiative projects to ensure delivery of gross margin and operating profit targets through monthly reporting ensuring agreed efficiencies are delivered
- Preparation of business forecasts for consolidation and review by the Head of Finance
- Develop and implement standard costing to assist with review of actual performance versus forecast.
- Analysis of manufacturing costs, comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Analysis of labour costs, comparing to standard costs and understanding & explaining variances.
- Analysis of change in product designs, raw materials, manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost
- Support the senior management teams to provide in-depth financial analysis
- Assessment and introduction of controls where appropriate, introducing new ideas for more efficient working processes
- Responsible for reporting and data-related projects, as well as helping to develop methodologies and processes for Information flows between Information systems and end users
- Provide day-to-day financial support to the business leads including ad-hoc requests and analysis.
- CIMA / ACCA qualified.
- Previous experience within an FP&A role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Experience of working with stakeholders of differing levels of seniority up to and including directors across finance and non-financial stakeholders
- Strong system / analytical skills proven by demonstrable career achievements.
- Solid financial skills proven by demonstrable career achievements.
- Advanced user of MS Excel & MS Powerpoint.
Please get in touch if you are interested in further details.