One of our most important clients are a growing financial services company in Retford. The business has a large and very welcoming finance team and an excellent staff retention record. They are recruiting for a FP&A Manager to report into the Group Head of Finance, this person must be very driven and comfortable working in a fast-paced change environment with a constant requirement for financial reporting to various stakeholders.
A background working within a highly acquisitive business is a must, with strong reporting and analytical skills, as well as being able to deal with multiple stakeholders, driving improvements across group reporting, and providing key insight into financial performance. Strong co-ordination skills and process management are also key to aid the financial planning processes across the group and integrate newly acquired businesses into the reporting pack.
Currently with one direct report, the role requires someone who is willing to continue to grow out the FP&A team, working closely with the Group Head of Finance along with Corporate Finance and Financial Control functions.
They are flexible on the location for this role but travel to Retford will be required for meetings.
- Responsible for the Group monthly MI pack, including all data input, accuracy and overlaying recent acquisitions along with liaising with various finance areas to receive timely information, and work to a strict working day timetable to deliver Income, Profit and Loss and full Management pack reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and innovate the MI pack to improve reporting and visuals as required by stakeholders.
- Analyse and provide insight into financial performance across the group on key P&L and Balance sheet movements.
- Develop expertise on NSPB reporting package (Oracle accounting package) to develop processes and efficiencies.
- Work with the Group Head of Finance to lead the Finance planning process, including annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting process, and 3-year plans.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with the Divisional Heads of Finance to gather forecasting data and reporting and discuss any business led KPIs.
- Liaise with our Corporate Finance team to aid covenants reporting and any ad-hoc reporting requests from investors.
- Drive high level Group Financial KPI analysis to aid insight into performance.
- Capex and Exceptional cost reporting for the Group.
- Aid the integration of new acquisitions into the Group reporting pack including prior year insight and budgeting.
- Professional qualifications in accountancy (ACCA/CIMA/ICAEW)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a highly acquisitive group at a Senior level, either in FP&A or Corporate Finance
- Ability to report to all levels of management within the Group, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, and ability to manipulate data.
- A high performer with exceptional analytical skills and an ability to make strategic recommendations.
- Experience in managing and developing a small team.
- Strong financial background, including large reconciliations and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and hit deadlines.