A high-profile Group Finance Director role within a world-class aerospace business in Sheffield.
Radius Aerospace, a portfolio company of Arlington Capital Partners acquired the UK Aerospace division of Doncaster Group in November 2019. Radius Aerospace is a provider of complex forming and fabricated components to the aerospace and defence industry, with a primary focus on engines and nacelles. Radius Europe operates from two facilities located in Sheffield and Shrewsbury, led by President, Kevan Donohoe.
The Group Finance Director is accountable for the strategic finance responsibility of the UK businesses, overseeing and maintaining robust controls, managing the finance function, and supporting the President to maximise business growth. Key responsibilities include:
- Working capital management – through effective processes and gaining the buy-in from other departmental leads
- Managing and developing a high performing team, including a Controller at each site
- Driving commercial strategy, contract negotiations and pricing decisions
- Overseeing a complex costing system, working closely with operations and sales leaders
- Developing budgetary & management reporting controls and accurate, timely forecasts
- Accountable for UK legal/regulatory compliance, IT and all other UK specific infrastructure (including pensions, insurance, treasury, FX) and related external stakeholder management
We are looking for a Finance Director from the manufacturing or engineering sector (to aid understanding of the costing system, business process and supply chain). Other required attributes are;
- Graduate with professional qualification ACA, CIMA, ACCA and post-qualification experience in senior finance leadership roles
- Hands-on, commercial, and operationally minded – able to demonstrate the skills to strengthen collaboration between finance and manufacturing operations.
- High levels of drive, ambition, and energy
- Strong team player
- Strong and robust personality – experienced in working in a culture of collaboration, results-focus and direct communication.
- Will thrive in an environment driven by tight deadlines.
The key attractions for potential candidates can be summarised as follows;
- An opportunity to work in a mixed strategic & PE environment with some industry leading professionals
- Working as Finance Director for a heritage manufacturing business in the Sheffield City Region, set to benefit from the forthcoming recovery in the aerospace industry
- Potential for project work leading up to and including potential exit transaction
- Attractive salary and benefits package
Pratap Partnership are retained exclusively on this campaign.