Group Financial Accountant required for a fast growing SME business on the outskirts of Wakefield/Huddersfield (with hybrid working)
Recent growth and changes in the structure of the finance team has led to the creation of a new Group Financial Accountant role. The new role will report into the Group Finance Director and will take responsibility for the management of financial reporting, preparation of the group consolidation, tax and treasury.
Managing a small team, you will focus on the management of this team whilst driving improvements across the finance function, to automate and improve processes. In addition, you will manage corporate reporting, group external audit and development of associated financial processes. You will be an experienced Group Financial Accountant from practice or industry with experience of technical accounting, including IFRS, consolidations and acquisition accounting.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of the monthly reporting cycle - reporting of financial performance of individual entities and on a consolidated basis.
- Statutory entity and Group accounts prep ensuring annual financial statements are completed to a high standard.
- Manage group audit of corporate entities.
- Act as central subject matter expert re technical accounting to subsidiary finance teams
- Manage relationship with tax advisors
- Day to day management of group financing arrangements and banking.
- Management of group’s cash & liquidity including management of group cash forecast
- Management of statutory tax/filing deadlines incl. reporting and payments.
- Implement improvements to financial control, compliance and risk management across the Group.
- Management of small team
Qualifications and experience:
- A qualified accountant with a group finance background.
- ACA (preferred) ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- An ambitious team player with a strong work ethic and the ability to lead others.
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop good relationships across the business.
The role would suit a confident and outgoing individual who enjoys interacted with the wider team. The business has a modern approach to working and can offer a hybrid working pattern and a competitive salary of circa £50,000 plus benefits. It's a great opportunity to join a successful business as they continue to grow.