Group Financial Controller Opportunity – High growth business and future CFO opportunity
Up to £120,000 + package
Manchester based /w hybrid working
Group Financial Controller opportunity with a broad range of immediate challenges and opportunities to progress in the longer term. This is a hugely important role as a no.2 to the CFO and its purpose is to add rigour and leadership to the finance department and help facilitate ambitions growth plans.
Based in Manchester, the business operates in the distribution sector, through a complex corporate structure. They have a strong supply chain, which has provided them with strong sales. Business culture is based on ambition, a collegiate approach to decision-making and loyalty – successfully demonstrated by their record in attracting and retaining top talent
The salary and package on offer is up to £120,000 + bonus + benefits
This role will report directly into the CFO, and will have working relationships with other key board members including the CEO. The Group Financial Controller with have four direct reports and will have responsibility for growing this team in line with company plans.
Other key aspects of the role include:
- Statutory and financial reporting
- Treasury leadership
- Leading the accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions
- All taxation matters including corporation tax and VAT
- Adding leadership and rigour to the existing finance function
- Build relationships with existing external stakeholders such as auditors, the bank and tax advisers
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- ACA / ACCA Qualified, Ideally from a Big 4 or Top 10 Accounting firm
- Treasury and tax experience Ideal
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strong finance systems experience
- Ability to lead a team
This is a rare opportunity to join a business during an exciting growth phase, and is a genuine opportunity to work with a fantastic CFO who will give lots of opportunity for learning and development, who sees this role as a succession planning role to step into the CFO role.
This is the highest profile role within the finance function outside the CFO, and is an opportunity to demonstrate key leadership skills and influence decision making.
Pratap Partnership are engaged on this recruitment on an exclusive basis. Please contact Joe Ingham at email@example.com for more details