Acorn was established 28 years ago and has strived to set new standards in quality and innovation for the stairlift industry. With pioneering designs and engineering excellence they have led the way and helped Acorn grow to become the world's leading independent company specialising solely in the manufacture and installation of stairlifts.
Built to exacting standards at factories in Yorkshire and Scotland, their cutting edge stairlifts are now exported to more than 80 countries worldwide and Acorn remains a down-to-earth business that has never lost sight of the most important asset at its very core — its customers.
Due to company growth and expansion the business is looking for a Group Financial Controller. This is a newly created role reporting into a dynamic and forward-thinking Group Finance Director.
The Group Financial Controller will be tasked with driving performance in all aspects of the business, maintaining and improving financial controls, improving the speed and accuracy of internal and external reporting with particular emphasis on reducing the current Group reporting timetable.
There is also a requirement for strong business insight and accurate and timely forecasts and budgets.
- Management of Group tax reporting requirements.
- Providing financial leadership across the group, guiding the financial agenda
- Supporting the FD to maintain a robust financial control framework and taking ownership of accounting and financial policies
This is a high profile hire within the business and the right person is essential to join the senior leadership team . Culture and team fit is of key importance. The right individual will be someone who displays gravitas and assertiveness; doesn’t take information at face value and questions appropriately. Builds and maintains a high level of credibility and has a good mix of operational and commercial finance experience.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified accountant with at least 5 years of post qualification experience
- Experience of operating at a management level
- Good presentation skills & confidence
- Experience of working within an international business an advantage
Pratap Partnership are delighted to be working exclusively with Acorn Stairlifts . For a full job description with salary and benefits package, please get in touch