A very attractive opportunity that will appeal to the most selective of candidates! The role offers many positive challenges and rewards in the short term and the chance to benefit from progression in the medium term and beyond.
The Head of Commercial Finance role has been a newly created, with the objective of bringing in added strength to the finance team, supporting the business in their ongoing growth story. Newly-qualified accountants looking for a step up in responsibility or more experienced candidates looking for a new challenge will be attracted and we would invite individuals from across the range to make contact with us to discuss further.
About Horizon Platforms
Horizon Platforms are a successful SME story in West Yorkshire with a bright and positive future. Established in 2008, they have grown consistently and are a leading provider of Rental Solutions, Powered Access equipment sales and training. They have a passion and strength in customer service and their own people. They genuinely value their employees in the same way that they value their customers. Their values are Teamwork, Positivity and Ownership
About the job opportunity
David Webster joined Horizon as Finance Director in October 2020, a high-profile appointment of an exceptional individual. We are working with him to support the impressive plans for the business and his financial strategy.
This is a time of rapid progression for this employee owned company, and the opportunity will help accelerate the career of the successful candidate.
The role will support with all FP&A activities, working closely with the wider Finance team in building budgets, month end reporting and insights.
You will work with the Business Development and Customer Experience teams to build and maintain deal evaluators as well as reviewing marketing and capital investments alongside the Marketing & Digital team.
You will act as the lead on all commercial interactions within the business. As this is a new role, this is for you to own and develop.
A new ERP is currently being implemented and you will support the roll out and development of commercial dashboards and other management information. You will also be involved in future phases of ERP development, working with in house and external consultants to expand the utilisation and reach.
Key areas of ownership:
- Own all commercial finance activities across the business
- Support the FD and wider Finance team in decision making
- Develop, maintain, and implement tools to assist with investment appraisals
- Lead the commercial agenda driving top line growth whilst improving leverage throughout the P&L
- Support the Finance Director on the Risk Committee
- Own large areas of the budget, including the development of the budget planning within the new ERP
- Own the continued development of the ERP including key dashboards
- Begin owning a number of key external relationships
- Own your development with an eye to accelerated progression as the business grows
- Work with an automation mindset, looking to automate and simplify processes so ownership can be taken across the business in a simple and efficient way
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified
- Both commercial industry experience or first time movers with strong commercial experience are encouraged to apply
- No specific requirement to be from any industry, however, fast paced and/or high-volume industry experience would be advantageous
- Strong academic background
- Ambitious, both personally and for team
What is on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Profit share
- Health plan
- Hybrid working pattern
We would like to hear from you if you are definitely interested or if you are just intrigued. Many of the best candidates will be working in other roles at the moment. Pratap Partnership and the board at Horizon will make time to ensure you have all of the information you need before committing your interest to the role.
Please contact Amanda O’Neill or Nik Pratap for further details