A newly created Head of Finance opportunity that will appeal to many finance leaders across West Yorkshire. This is a rare opportunity to join the leadership team of an excellent organisation who place the utmost importance in both their people and their social purpose.
Pratap Partnership are delighted to be managing this recruitment campaign on an exclusive basis.
Leeds City Credit Union (LCCU) is a mutual ‘not for profit’ co-operative social enterprise. It provides savings accounts and loans for its 36,000 members. LCCU’s members are drawn from anyone who lives and works in Leeds, Wakefield, Craven, Harrogate and other parts of the country. LCU has a strong social purpose serving the whole community.
As Head of Finance you will be working alongside an exceptional and experienced CEO and Deputy CEO as part of the senior leadership team. This is a “one off” opportunity to work in a business that is passionate about its people and its sector. As Head of Finance you will be an innovative thinker and leader and lead the business in all financial and strategic matters:
As Head of Finance your job will be to take an interest in all aspects of the business and to work with the team to provide the best services for customers
Developing all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business, whilst leading the finance team (and the wider business) to ensure that the company's financial commitments are met.
You will also
- Be promoting the interests of one of the most significant social enterprises in the City and one of the largest credit unions in the UK.
- Through the work of the credit union, to be able to contribute to the community, which often helps to change the lives of some of the most disadvantaged.
- Add to senior management and Director level skill sets and experience.
- Gain experience of a financial services organisation.
- Add new networking opportunities.
In this important role as Head of Finance you will have had significant financial knowledge and experience – qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience, ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Strategic thinking – the ability to create and implement long-term plans to maximise business performance
- Commercial orientation / acumen – to ability to add value; a commercial mind-set and the ability to develop this within others
- The ability to challenge & question results and ideas to identify issues and improve outcomes.
- Relationship skills – ability to build relationships at all levels
- Passion, empathy and an appreciation for the social enterprise sector
- Leadership and People Management – ability to deliver results through others
Please get in touch for further details and a full job description including salary and benefits.