One of the employers of choice in the Sheffield area is looking to recruit a Head of Finance for their professional services function. This vacancy has arisen to due an internal promotion and needs a candidate with strong leadership and management experience. This role is key to helping the departments deliver their own strategy and financial objectives. You will be a trusted advisor with strategic vision and will deliver service through a business partnering approach focussed on delivering excellent service.
- Provision of expert financial support, guidance, and management information, with responsibility for the quality of Financial Management support and for excellent customer service across a significant element of the operations. This will include responsibility for management accounting and other financial activities
- Provide advice for, and present to, senior staff on major financial topics including recommending and negotiating solutions to issues that can be multi-disciplinary in nature.
- Contribute to the development of financial policy utilising expertise and knowledge acquired from working closely with colleagues across the organisation.
- Ensure that the Professional Services financial management team is delivering a comprehensive and robust financial management support service to meet the needs of its departments
- Ensure financial management information and advice is provided, interpreted and utilised as appropriate within Professional Service departments and corporately to monitor performance and to influence change.
- Create, anticipate and lead the development, implementation and maintenance of efficient and effective business processes and systems in relation to financial management and financial control.
- Improve efficiencies of existing working practices, working with colleagues as appropriate..
- Lead and manage the finance team c15 people on a day to day basis
- Maintain an overview within the Finance Department to share good practice, apply learning, improve processes etc. Evaluate service provision taking account of feedback and broader external developments.
- Take lead responsibility and/or contribute to collaborative working groups on several important Finance led activities and initiatives, taking an active role in the process of investment and project appraisal.
- Production of regular high quality informative management information and communication of this information with the departments, Professional Services, and the Finance Team.
- Production of information and strategic advice relating to budgets and the financial forecasting process.
- Advise on the financial implications of strategic and operational decisions to ensure that the Professional Service departments maintain a strong financial position, challenging decisions where appropriate to improve financial performance.
- Review and amend financial documents, including contracts, agreements, and policy documents to ensure full understanding of financial consequences.
- Undertake reviews of existing processes and systems from a variety of perspectives, recommending and implementing change and improvements.
We are looking for candidates from the following background;
- Qualified CCAB Accountant with excellent Excel and IT skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with a real interest in developing people. Approachable and personable.
- Experience of managing, motivating and developing the skills of a diverse team
- An awareness of issues relating to the Higher Education Sector and an understanding of how the core business areas of the Institution relate to each other
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to express complicated financial information meaningfully to a non-specialist audience and to provide sound advice from this data
This company prides itself on its approach to flexible working and supporting their employees. 30 days holiday and excellent pension scheme