Head of FP&A
Overview of the company
SimplyBiz are the largest provider of compliance, business and software services to intermediaries in the financial services sector in the UK. They completed a successful listing on AIM in April 2018, which has allowed them to set an ambitious strategy for growth – this has already seen the successful acquisition of Defaqto for £74m in early 2019.
The business is led by a talented and ambitious board, supported by a high performing finance team who have a very strong profile throughout the entire business. They have a supportive culture towards their people, looking for opportunities to develop and progress each employee. This has led to the need to add further strength to the finance team
Overview of the opportunity
Reporting to the Group Finance Director , your role as Head of FP&A will:
- Lead the financial planning and analysis requirements for the SimplyBiz Group in support of the Group Finance Director.
- The creation/update and maintenance of forecasting and budgeting models covering P&L, balance sheet and cashflow, as well as other analytical tools, aligned to the Group’s requirements and future strategy. While initially excel based in the short term, in the medium term it is likely that these would need to be transitioned to specific reporting and forecasting software utilising data links from the Group’s key systems and this Head of FP&A role would drive that transition in line with agreed objectives.
- Ownership of the full planning process across the Group ensuring that the planning, budgeting and forecasting cycle runs on time and provides insight to senior stakeholders.
- Partnering with senior management across the business and the wider finance team to understand and challenge all inputs into the forecasting and budgeting models.
- Short term cash forecasting and reporting, as well as the identification of treasury
- Working closely with the Group Finance Director to provide strategic insight and support through reporting and additional ad hoc supporting projects.
- Owning key reporting requirements including covenant reporting, preparation of Board papers and analysis to support external investor presentations.
Qualified ACA or equivalent with at least 5 years post qualified experience, having had experience in an advisory (transaction services) or audit background within a Top 10 firm. You will have extensive Microsoft Excel expertise sufficient to build and maintain robust complex models an agility to work in fast paced environment and focus on the right level of detail for key deliverables and timetables.