Head of FP&A - An outstanding opportunity to join a successful growing business, with private equity investment and offering career development opportunities to take a step closer to becoming a Finance Director in your career. Offering a remote working pattern with the option to go into the office in Hull or Doncaster if you choose.
- A growing business, lead by a great CFO and leadership team
- Positive culture suited to the most ambitious candidates
- Track record of developing and promoting their people
- An attractive reward and development plan
Key responsibilities would include:
- Coordination and preparation of routine, and ad-hoc, financial forecasts and budgets encompassing all commercial and operational functions of the business.
- Develop the forecasting process such that it is intuitive, time and resource-efficient and insightful and is joined up with the KPI’s and analysis across both the business support function and core finance reporting
- Work effectively across business functions to ensure that the inputs to forecasts are relevant and appropriate and where necessary challenge stakeholders to test the validity of assumptions
- Gain a deep understanding of the economics of an online retailer and use any necessary external sources of macro or micro-economic data to aid with analysis
- Ensure that forecasts are communicated effectively to stakeholders across the business, and externally where appropriate, including necessary commentary and analysis in support
- Develop and report on the weekly trading performance of the business ensuring consistency with the reporting structure and methodology of the overall business forecasts
- Coordinate, and be responsible for the final output, of the monthly board pack – working across business functions to ensure the quality of inputs and that it is delivered in a timely manner for the purposes of the monthly board meeting
- Support the CFO and senior team with ad-hoc analysis as necessary and play a key part in the Executive team in helping the business to Make Money, Save Money and Stop Losing Money
The ideal candidate:
- Operational/commercial finance experience and significant experience of preparation of business forecasts
- Held previous senior finance role in industry including leading and developing colleagues
- Strong relationship building skills
- Love to exceed expectations, enjoy being ‘hands on’
- Qualified accountant with ambition, gravitas and good presentation skills
This is a superb opportunity to join a growing PE backed business offering a competitive salary of £60-70,000 plus bonus potential of 30%, home working contract, pension and life assurance.