An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Head of Procurement and supply chain to join a growing manufacturer who predominantly supply into the construction industry. We are looking for an experienced senior professional who will work alongside the senior leadership team focussing on procurement and supply chain management.
As the Head of Procurement, you will lead on the transformation of procurement across the group by developing and implementing a progressive procurement strategy.
You will support the team in solving organisational problems to drive performance improvement and innovation. As the Head of Procurement, you will use your previous experience in achieving enhanced value for money, and sustainable supplier relationships.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role within manufacturing business supplying into the construction sector eg building products or fenestration industry would be ideal.
- Able to demonstrate negotiation experience with suppliers at senior level
- In depth knowledge of the legal aspects of contacts and contracting
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Working knowledge and understanding of full sourcing cycle and purchase to pay experience.
- Professional certification in Procurement (CIPS or equivalent). Preferred, not a must.
- Management skills and ability to develop others.
- A good communicator
- Negotiator and analytical
The role can be based from home or at one of the sites within the UK. You will be rewarded with competitive basic salary and benefits package.