Carlton Forest Group is a renowned 3PL provider that operates across the UK and Ireland. Their mission is to create partnerships with their customers to deliver a superior service and remain a high-quality specialist 3PL provider. They take pride in providing fast, flexible and bespoke services. Their extensive experience and exemplary performance in warehousing, distribution and logistics means they have the capabilities and track record to achieve success together.
Due to continued growth and success they are looking to recruit a Head of Transport:
The Head of Transport is at the centre of the logistics operation with key responsibility to manage our Transport and service partner relationships.
The role requires someone who can see the bigger picture to provide efficiencies across the network and can also develop and manage key supplier and partner relationships ensuring they deliver value for money and excellent service to Carlton Forest Group.
Reporting to the Managing Director/Operations Director, you will hold overall responsibility for the professional, efficient and effective running of all transport operations.
Key Accountabilities of the role;
- Ensuring the Health, Safety and general wellbeing of all employees within in accordance with current legislation and Company policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with Working Time Directive, Drivers Hours regulations, VOSA
- To oversee the management of vehicle/trailer fleet ensuring all vehicles are legal, operational and are maintained to the required standard
- To build relationships and liaise regularly with contingent workforce supplier/agencies to ensure required coverage is achieved
- To manage, plan and control all areas of transport operations in respect of the warehouse loading/ cross dock activities
- To liaise with the clients regarding all aspects of transport operational performance
- To proactively control costs through ongoing planning, evaluation and execution of effective and efficient operation.
- To create reports to monitor performance and budgetary KPIs and compliance submission to client / General Manager on a daily basis
- To develop and implement transport operations processes, ensuring all directs are adequately trained, that compliance is monitored and measured and corrective actions put in place in the case of compliance failure.
- To maintain performance targets by means of processes, work performance and adequate staffing levels
- To look at ways of growing the business and supplier base ready for growth
- To be main point of contact for all logistics providers.
The Head of Transport we are looking for:
• Holds of a national CPC qualification
• Has previous management experience
• Is highly organised with excellent communication and time management skills
• Is proactive in seeking ways to raise standards, improve performance and enhance customer service
• Has a track record of successfully delivering change management initiatives
• Is PC literate, particularly with Microsoft Office
• Has P&L, route planning, multi drop/ depot and sub contract management experience