Experienced Health & Safety Environmental Manager required for a rapidly expanding, industry leading company. This is a national role based out of the Head Office at Worksop.
Duties to include (full job spec is available on request):
- Promote and develop a continuously improving safety culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures and responsibilities throughout the business.
- Ensure the creation of the right framework and tools that will assist and develop the operational line management teams to manage a safe working environment for the wellbeing of clients, service users, visitors and employees.
- Review and implement the arrangements, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environment for all business units. Liaising with each operational team to ensure that appropriate monitoring is in place so that all personnel understand and are adequately trained to carry out their individual responsibilities in relation to health and safety at work.
- Ensure implementation of the Safety Management System and Environmental Management System including compliance with all relevant statutory provisions, updating in line with any new legislation which may be developed.
- Ensure all risk assessments & registers, accident control measures and evacuation procedures are fit for purpose and robustly match legal requirements.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
This search is not limited to any industry. Previous experience and NEBOSH qualification is essential to this recruitment:
- Recent proven experience of working in a health and safety role at a similar level within the transport or construction industry and bringing about culture change within an organisation is essential.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of health, safety and risk management is required.
- A comprehensive knowledge of current health and safety legislation, management and standards is required.
In return, potential candidates can expect a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Company medical scheme
- Ongoing training and development
- Pension scheme