Experienced Hire Desk Assistant required for a rapidly expanding transportation business based in St Neots on a 6 month fixed term contract.
The purpose of the role is to assist within all areas of the Hire Desk and provide cover where appropriate, ensuring good attention to detail and making sure all orders, enquiries and queries are dealt with within a timely and professional manner.
Duties to include:
- Liaising with the customer service manager to ensure utilisation of own equipment before cross hiring and continually reviewing cross hire exchange.
- In conjunction with the purchase ledger team resolve customer queries within one month from date of invoice.
- In conjunction with the Customer Service team resolve Customer queries within one week from date of query
- Take advantage of potential sales leads responding to queries/enquiries within a timely manner and notifying the Formwork Operations Manager as appropriate.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with all statutory requirements such as Health & Safety and environmental issues.
- Identifying areas for improvement and request training as required.
- Supporting product supervisor in asset management processes.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Previous Plant-Hire or Hire Desk experience is essential for this role.
- The ability to converse with different departments and previous experience in a customer service environment would also be critical.
- IT literate (ability to use different software packages as well as Microsoft Office suite).
- The ability to multitask and prioritise your work in order of importance.
- The ability to work in a pressurised environment whilst managing varying expectations will determine success in this role.
In return potential candidates can expect a competitive salary plus additional benefits including ongoing training.