An exciting opportunity for an ambitious generalist HR Assistant / Advisor looking to take the next step in their career. Working for a reputable family business you will report to the Head of HR and will manage the full employee lifecycle, providing advice and guidance to managers and supporting on policies and employee relations.
- Assist in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
- Work towards and implement continuous improvements relating to policy, procedure and day to day HR operational processes and initiatives.
- Work closely with various departments, in a consultancy style, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures and in managing employee relations.
- Manage the recruitment and on-boarding process and further develop and implement employee retention strategies.
- Assist in developing and implementing L&D approaches to support business needs.
- A level of administrative tasks for the HR Department; including organising and maintaining personnel record, update internal databases (e.g. record sick or maternity leave, training records). Preparing and amending where necessary HR documents, i.e. employment contracts and letters.
- Produce and present reports on general HR activity.
The right candidate will be able to coordinate and manage both administrative and strategic duties.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a HR Advisor/Generalist role
- Considerable experience of Human Resources administration
- Achieved or working towards CIPD Level 3 or 5
- Ability to contribute to the evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance
- A comprehensive understanding of current employment law and best HR practice
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Experience in coaching and advising Managers.
- Experience of end to end recruitment.
- Will be a confident communicator and influencer, making robust decisions.
- Have experience of implementing HR strategy, communication and engagement programmes (desirable)
- Excellent remuneration package
- Great opportunities for career progression
- Company Pension Scheme
- Referral programme
- A great working environment in an idyllic North Yorkshire setting
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5pm or 9am – 5:30pm.